M-Learning Spices Up Hospitality
As in every domain in modern society, mobile technology also has a strong presence in the hospitality industry. And like CIOs of every other industry, hospitality industry heads are also looking at implementing m-learning or mobile learning solutions to leverage on the ubiquity and ease of use of mobile devices.
M-learning is an effective training technology for busy hospitality workers belonging to various departments – housekeeping, customer service, room service, store, restaurant, back office, etc. The ubiquity of mobile devices and design of mobile content supports flexibility, anytime anywhere access, and just in time assistance. Consider fast changing food trends, urgent training requirement of new staff, imparting customer handling skills or housekeeping skills, notifying staff on urgent issues, etc. All these challenges are real … and can be addressed with efficient and timely training and communication via mobile devices.
Mobile learning and engagement platforms are an ideal option for hospitality industry heads to drive training and engagement campaigns. The apps are easily aligned with brands and ship ready-to-use. A platform like DRONA Mobile that works on smartphones or tablets is a cost-effective option that’s easy to install, use and configure for immediate effect. DRONA helps organizations:
- deliver timely trainings on code of conduct, workplace culture, processes, fraud awareness, etc., to maintain quality of services
- assure 100% compliance of staff with regular assessments, questionnaires, etc.
- differentiate training content with company branding
- grab new opportunities such as training chefs in popular menu options, cooking styles, cuisines, etc. via video trainings and tutorials
- deliver just-in-time trainings to help staff manage workplace situations such as public discord or violence, code of conduct violations, workplace diversity, harassment, etc.
- deliver actionable directives from company heads in real time
- have access to online digital library Bizpunditz for ready-to-deliver training content
- route trainings to selective users and departments
- train front-end employees on soft skills and customer management
- notify all workers immediately on new events or policies
- manage trainings and users centrally
- integrate the platform with existing systems
- assess employee engagement and satisfaction with feedback
- measure and analyze training or engagement results
An important consideration in developing m-learning campaigns for the hospitality industry is the generational difference. M-learning solutions add value to the services rendered by your company and also make employees feel more engaged and committed to your business goals. You can reduce time to market considerably with a strong collaboration and communication platform knitting your teams together. And also experience a boost in ROI.